WINDOWSTEN is focused primarily on the upcoming public release of, and reaction to Microsoft’s Windows 10, also Linux, BSD, and Open source software may typically be featured topics. The goal of this site is to entertain, enlighten, and inform. We always look forward to a good discussion and Contributions to the ongoing dialog are welcomed and encouraged. The readership of WINDOWSTEN is indeed a very diverse community. It is therefore requested that all Contributors and Guests respectfully follow these guidelines.
- Tone. Contributions should reflect the personality of WINDOWSTEN. Off topic remarks or attempts to hijack the dialog creates an uncomfortable ambiance. It’s one thing to have an opinion, be tactful when you express it. Bring something pleasant to share.
- Text. Please use proper grammar, spacing, punctuation and become familiar with the spell-checking tools available. Try not to use colors if at all possible.
- Truth. Be honest, don’t make things up. Rumors and propaganda will not be tolerated. Contributors must fact check all submissions.
- Accessible. To all. When contributing, be certain that you have read the WordPress Accessibility Statement and are adhering to those guidelines.
- Links, Images, Headings. Links must be described using proper formatting. Use correct headings, images also must have descriptions and alternate text.
- Test And Verify. Conduct a few trial runs to see how your post looks on different browsers for example. If using HTML, try it out. Check and double-check for readability. Online tools are available for further readability testing, as well as some color testing tools.
- Advertising. No.
Contributors that violate these guidelines will not be allowed to participate. It is our belief that the cooperation of all involved with our blog, and observance of these guidelines will foster a truly Progressive environment.
OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES
It is of paramount importance that you comply with the laws governing copyright and fair use or fair dealing of copyrighted material owned by others, including WINDOWSTEN ‘s own copyrights. It is asked that contributors not quote more than short excerpts of someone else’s work, and always attribute that work to its original source. As always,it is a good rule of thumb to link to others’ work rather than reproduce it yourself.
WINDOWSTEN COMMENT POLICY
Our policies are put in place to assure WINDOWSTEN is a safe environment for Contributors and guests. It is our desire that free speech be used, albeit with limitations. To keep the atmosphere and personality that we desire for this page, Commenting rules have been put in place to maintain decorum. The conversations will be moderated. The following will not be permitted.
- Hate speech of any kind. Regardless of race, creed, lack of creed, gender. Everyone shall be treated with respect.
- Profanity. While adult words in some cases may be used in the context of the post, overt profanity will not be allowed.
- Threats or Coercion will not be permitted, if comments are felt to be of a violent or intimidating nature, the Contributor or Guest will be asked to leave.
All comments made become the sole property of WINDOWSTEN . We reserved the right to delete offensive content and will archive the aforementioned for evidentiary purposes if necessary. Violators will not be allowed to post further comments. Thank you all for your cooperation.